Klonopin is brand name of drug containing Clonazepam which is used to treat anxiety disorders and depression. It is a central nervous system depressant. It is given orally in various doses. Continuous use of Klonopin may lead to addiction so it has to be taken under doctor’s observation.
With right Klonopin dosage, you can relieve from symptoms relating to anxiety as follow,
- muscle tension
- insomnia, fatigue
- poor concentration
- unrealistic assessment of problems
- panic attacks
Klonopin mode of action
It brings calming effect on the nerve impulses hence calming down the person. It also has sedative effect. It helps anxious person get back to normal state. It affects Gama-amino butyric acid (GABA), a neurotransmitter in our brain. As the effect it brings calming effect in body, slowing down nerve impulses which were fired up during anxiety attack. It is also prescribed to treat seizure disorders.
Things to remember before Buying Klonopin for anxiety:
Side effects related to Klonopin
Common side effects include dizziness, weakness, unsteadiness, depression, loss of orientation, headache, sleep disturbances, problems with memory, slurred speech, dry mouth, sore gums, runny nose, loss of appetite, diarrhea, constipation, and blurred vision.
If discontinued abruptly after long use, it may lead to Klonopin withdrawal symptoms like seizures, tremors, vomiting, sweating.
Like other anxiety drugs, people tend to develop dependence over longer use. It may lead to addiction which is very bad for a person’s health. So it is advised to use the medicine under observation only.
Being a central nervous system (CNS) depressant alcohol, narcotics tend to increase its effect so avoid taking the drug with those.
It has very less or no drug interactions with other drugs so it is lot safe to use. But you must tell your doctor if you or any other medication.
- If you are allergic to clonazepam do not take this drug.
- If you have liver or kidney related disease please tell your doctor, he may not prescribe the drug to you.
- Do not drive after taking this medication, it makes you drowsy.
- If you are pregnant please avoid Klonopin use as it excretes through milk so it will be harmful to baby and fetus.
- Do not take this drug if you are on antidepressants as both will neutralize each other’s effect. And it is not advisable.
- Do not stop mid treatment without asking your doctor, it may cause side effects.
- If you have glaucoma please tell doctor.
Why Klonopin is effective for treating anxiety?
Klonopin is acting directly on central nervous system. It acts at very low dose and can be administered orally. And it also has sedative effect which calms anxious person completely. Then, Yes it is very effective.
As it has very few drug interactions and few common side effects then it is safe too. But it is also a habit forming drug so you have to take klonopin under medical professional’s observation.
So be happy and anxiety free because we do have options to cure our anxiety disorders. Do not worry about this.